How can I help you?

I will help you understand your child’s needs and identify resources to assist with disabilities, including:

  • Autism Spectrum
  • Dyslexia and Learning Disabilities
  • Emotional Disabilities
  • Developmental Delays
  • Language and Communication Impairments
  • Intellectual Impairments
  • Physical Impairments

I will assist you in advocating for your child by providing legal and practical advice, information, and strategies in areas including:

  • Evaluations
  • Individualized Educational Programs (IEP)
  • 504 Plans
  • Independent Educational Evaluations
  • Understanding MCAS
  • Transition to Preschool (Turning 3)
  • Transition Planning (age 14)
  • School Discipline
  • Out of District Placements
  • College Disability Services
  • Mediation and other Dispute Resolution

What do I do?

I will prepare you to effectively advocate for your child by:

  • Reviewing all current, relevant paperwork on your child, including the IEP, 504 Plan, independent and school-based evaluations, progress reports, and diagnoses;
  • Meeting with you and your child to discuss what is and is not working with your child’s current educational plan;
  • Advising you on federal and state laws governing special education, including the Individuals With Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and Massachusetts Special Education Laws;
  • Advising you of your rights in the special education process, as tailored to your child’s disability and current educational situation;
  • Providing you specific strategies and language that you can use when working with your school district; and
  • Identifying resources tailored to your child’s needs, including medical or therapeutic providers for evaluations or outside services.